Andrew Koski is a partner at Miller, Kaplan, Arase LLP in Los Angeles specializing in royalty and participation inspections for licensing, royalties, profit participation and contract compliance for film, television, music, consumer products and multimedia. He is a contributing author to an authoritative licensing guide, and instructs classes and speaks on emerging issues related to royalties and production accounting.
His professional background includes considerable in-house and consulting experience with entertainment studios and networks. Andrew served as an Audit Director for an international television producer, where he was responsible for all first-run and cable accounts receivable billing, worldwide production bank reconciliations, operational inspections of productions, and all guild-related PH&W contribution issues. He was also an Audit Manager for a major television network where he supervised cost compliance inspections and led the response to the AMPTP’s survey quantifying the overall revenues and expenses for all programs. In addition, Andrew’s special projects included the analysis of foreign tax incentives, distribution acquisitions, development costs and production overhead.
Before joining the entertainment and accounting industries, Andrew had a successful career in shipping, during which he received the U.S. Coast Guard designation Master Oceans Unlimited Tonnage and an endorsement as a First Class Pilot.
Associations & Activities
- Basics of Licensing: How to Extend Brand and Entertainment Properties for Profit – Contributing author
- “Practical Royalty and Contract Compliance”, State Bar of California Minimum Continuing Legal Education – MCLE course provider
- University of California, Los Angeles – “Production Accounting for Film and Television,” “Production Accounting for the Non-Accountant,” Former instructor of UCLA Extension courses
- Licensing Law for Beginners Panel at LIMA Licensing Show 2011 Las Vegas – Panelist
- Lawyers Behind the Stars Panel at NASABA 2011 – Panelist
- “The Business of Show Business” – Animation and VFX Summit – Panelist
Thursday, August 27th, 2015
Higgs Fletcher &, 401 West A Street, 3rd floor
San Diego, CA 92101